Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Shrimp Boat – Rock Hill, South Carolina

Just south of Charlotte, North Carolina lies the city of Rock Hill, South Carolina. Although this city is most notable for Winthrop University it is also home to the best fried chicken on the planet…a small little joint called “The Shrimp Boat.” I spent over 7 months in this area during my mission and ate at the Shrimp Boat at least once a week (yes, I did gain some weight). Every time we opened the door we were greeted by our waitress “aunt Peggy” and she would take our orders. When Lindsay and I found ourselves in Rock Hill during a 2007 trip I just had to take her their to experience what real fried chicken can taste like. When she first saw the place she was a little skeptical (it is kind of a dive) but after our order of fried chicken sandwich's and hush puppies (fried cornbread) came out she was hooked. We ate ourselves sick and then got back in the car to head back to Charlotte for the night. That was the last time we ever ate at the Shrimp Boat but I think we both will need to do it again before we die…it is that good. :)

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment