Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pounders Beach – Oahu, Hawaii

During my college days I was shown an incredible beach on the Winward side of the Oahu Island in Hawaii. Although I am sure this beach has an official name I have only known it by the name…”Pounders.” This name came about because the beach has an incredibly powerful shore break and when the waves crash along the beach it makes a loud “pound” that can be heard from hundreds of yards away. During our 2005 Christmas Trip with my family and our 2007 spring break trip with Lindsay's mom Pat we hit up Pounders beach numerous times. My family was blown away by the power of the shore break and my sister-in-law may have been scared for life from the powerful beating she took from one of the waves. :) My family spent hours swimming, body surfing and just hanging out. The day Lindsay, her mom, and I made it out the waves were huge. Needless to say Lindsay and Pat did not want to join in but I spent hours body surfing. To this day I have never found a beach with a better shore break for body surfing or swimming. It is by far our favorite beach in the world to play. The next time you find yourself cruising the Kameamea highway on Oahu don’t forget to stop at Pounders Beach.



Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment