Sunday, April 3, 2011

Old World Charm in St Augustine Florida

For years I had an unfair bias against Florida. I would constantly rant about how I would never want to live there. All I had really ever seen is the area around Disney and Universal Studios and for some reason it just didn’t appeal to me. However, in 2008 Lindsay and I went to visit her brother who lived in St Augustine (“The Nations Oldest City") and my opinion of Florida quickly changed. Marty (her brother) was a fantastic tour guide and immediately took us to old town St Augustine. We were blown away by the beauty and unique feel of this charming little city. One of the main streets in this area is called “Cordova Street” and we spent the entire morning walking it enjoying the shops, old houses and overall old word charm. We then toured the area around Flagler College and we both feel in love with it. There were numerous old buildings designed in the Spanish style with numerous spires, tile roofs, etc. Surrounding each of these buildings were numerous parks, fountains, etc. We finished off our tour by going to the incredible old fort on the edge of the water and of course going through the Ripleys Believe it or Not museum. Not only did our visit to St. Augustine change my opinion of Florida but we both now believe that it is one of the prettiest and most unique looking cities in America.



Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment