Saturday, May 26, 2012

Our favorite place to eat in Chiang Mai Thailand – The Riverside Bar & Grill

When Lindsay and I were backpacking through Thailand we had only been married a year or so and money was tight.  Normally this meant that our diet when traveling consisted of whatever was cheap, easy and safe (boring I know).  However, Thailand was a place where we could completely break the rules because everything was so cheap!  It was a beautiful early summer evening and Lindsay and I found ourselves in Chiang Mai Thailand on our 1 year anniversary.  We combed through our Lonely Planet guide book and found a highly recommended riverfront restaurant called The Riverside Bar & Grill.  We took a taxi and within a few minutes we were sitting on a beautiful patio overlooking the Ping River.   The sun was just starting to set and we watched as the boats came slowly floating by.  I of course was enjoying an ice cold glass bottle Pepsi and the evening was just perfect.  I don’t remember exactly what we ordered but I do remember that we absolutely LOVED IT!  I remember a big plat of rice, vegetables and meat being places in front of me with a cooked egg being places right on top of the rice.  I don’t remember what Lindsay was eating because I immediately dug-in to my incredible food. :)  After about 10 minutes of silence while we devoured our food we then spent the rest of the evening just laughing, talking and realizing how lucky we were to be spending our 1 year anniversary in Thailand.  As we stepped out of the restaurant the sun was just starting to set and the scene was absolutely beautiful.  We decided to stroll along the river to take it all in.  It was such a beautiful night that we decided to stroll all the way back to our hotel that was across town.  Even though on the way back to the hotel we were hit by a huge rain storm, and saw stranded kittens that we couldn’t save, we still had an amazing night and will never forget it.  If you ever find yourself in Chiang Mai Thailand make sure to hit up the The Riverside Bar & Grill.







Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment