Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weekends in the High Uintas

Some of my fondest memories growing up were spent in the beautiful High Uintas mountains in eastern Utah. Once Lindsay and I got married we started a tradition of heading up to the High Uintas at least a couple times a year. We would almost always stop at the little burger/shake shack in Kamas on the way in and the cute little store on the side of the highway for jerky on the way out. We would take the Mirror Lake highway and would just cruise. We would almost always stop at Provo River falls and the numerous other lakes and look out points. I remember one day in late fall we stopped at Mirror lake just as a snow storm was coming in and ended up walking around the lake as the snow fell all around us. We were the only ones around and it was truly a magical experience. I also remember a sunny Sunday afternoon as Lindsay, Sundance and I ate our picnic lunch next to a beautiful blue lake with high rocky peaks in the distance (so High Uintas). Sundance would run in/out of the lake and we would skip rocks, hike, and just chill. Sometimes the farther away you go in this world the more you realize how beautiful “home” really is. This is certainly true for Lindsay and I as we both think Utah, in particular places like the High Unitas, is simply spectacular. As I right this it is early spring and I am already looking forward to the numerous weekends we will surely have in the beautiful High Uintas this summer.



Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment