Sunday, March 20, 2011

$5 dollar knock off shoes…you get what you pay for! - Middle East

By the time Lindsay and I made it to Damascus, Syria my feet were killing me. I was wearing my thin Puma trainers (that I had bought in Panama City) and they were not made for this much walking. We found a cute little shop in the center of the city and became fast friends with the owner (I blogged about this earlier). I found a cool pair of shoes that were very stylish and looked like a brand name knock off. After trying them on I was sold and spent the whopping $5 or so dollars to purchase them. After we left the store I was convinced that I had made a smart purchase and that my feet would be saved. However, after only a few days I could see that the glue holding the shoes together was loosing strength. By the time we made it to Jerusalem, Israel (about a week later) the shoes literally almost disintegrated off of my feet. :) I remember vividly walking towards the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem and feeling as the shoes literally came apart at every seem (they exploded!). Lindsay was laughing so hard and we broke out the camera to film the experience. By the time we made it to our little guesthouse there was hardly anything left of the shoes. We took a picture to remember the experience and then threw them away. Normally this would have been very frustrating but the shoes were only $5 and that was well worth it for the good laugh that we enjoyed!

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment