Thursday, March 10, 2011

Storms Across Montana

I wrote about this briefly in another post but I wanted to expound on an amazing adventure we had in the summer of 2007. We had just had an amazing Mcrae family reunion in Yellowstone and Lindsay, Sundance and I were heading west out of the park on a beautiful late afternoon in August. We made our way out of the park and into the beautiful ranch country of Montana just as the afternoon was turning into evening. At this time some beautiful summer storms were working across the landscape. Spending most summers growing up on a ranch in Montana I had learned to LOVE the late evening storms that would roll across the “prairie.” I became incredibly nostalgic watching these storms move across the beautiful Montana landscape from the windshield of our Jeep. I remember vividly the yellow grass fields mixed with the green tree covered peaks and topped of with the dark grey clouds. It was truly a spectacular sight and it made me remember why Montana is the most beautiful state in the country. We enjoyed these storms so much that we neglected to find a place to stay that night and ended up sleeping in the back of the jeep (2 humans and a dog)at a rest stop outside of Missoula. :) This truly was a simple yet amazing travel experience that we will never forget.


Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment