Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Best Taxi Driver Ever! “Hector” in Panama City, Panama

When traveling around the world it is almost impossible not to take a taxi. While Lindsay and I always love to take mass transit whenever possible we also don’t mind the convenience, and conversation, of a good taxi ride. Over the years as we have travelled we have had many memorable taxi drivers but none compare to our buddy “Hector” in Panama City, Panama. Hector is a short, thick man with a bushy mustache and a wonderful smile. I can’t remember exactly where in Panama City we first meet him but I just remember striking up a conversation and really enjoying talking with him (in his thick Hispanic accent). While traveling in Panama Lindsay and I had to take a couple of different domestic flights (on tiny planes) to get to the various islands we wanted to visit. Hector drove us to the small domestic airport in Panama City and as he was dropping us off he asked “when will you be flying back.” I quickly told him the date/time and he said “I will be waiting.” Lindsay and I both thanked him but thought there was no way he was going to be there when we flew back (about 4 days later). When we landed again in Panama City I had almost forgotten about Hector when I heard him calling for us as we stepped out of the airport. Lindsay and I just couldn’t believe that he had remembered to come and get us and we both just fell in love with the guy at that moment. Unfortunately we only had one more day in Panama but we arranged for him to come and get us from our hotel and take us to the international airport the next day. Sure enough Hector was waiting for us the next morning and took us to the airport. I took his business card in the hopes that we could get him more business so if you ever find yourself in need of a taxi in Panama City, Panama let us know! :) Again, over the years Lindsay and I have literally taken hundreds of taxi’s but none of them compare to the service we received from our friend Hector in Panama City, Panama.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment